Local Server SDK Package unavailable after installation

Jump to solution
09-20-2020 10:09 PM
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I am building a WPF application using ArcGIS Runtime .NET SDK with access to local File Geodatabase. For this I have downloaded and installed the ArcGIS Local Server SDK as recommended in the Guide.

After successful installation of Local Server SDK the Visual Studio NuGet Package manager couldn't able to find the Local Server SDK in the system. Also I have reviewed the Esri Package folder in its path ( C:\Users\AppData\Local\Esri\NuGet )  there also the Local Server file is missing. All other ArcGIS runtime SDK's .nupkg files are present in that folder

Kindly help me resolve this issue and guide me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry I misread that question. After some more coffee, I think I know what you're saying now 🙂
The local services SDK isn't installed with the VSIX. It's available on nuget.org. Did you pick nuget.org in the dropdown?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Which version of the Local Server SDK did you install, and which version of the Nuget Packages are you using? (they should/must match)

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry I misread that question. After some more coffee, I think I know what you're saying now 🙂
The local services SDK isn't installed with the VSIX. It's available on nuget.org. Did you pick nuget.org in the dropdown?

Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Thanks.. got it from nugget.org source. Not sure why the installation didn’t worked though.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Do you mean the installation of Visual Studio didn't work or the installation of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET didn't work?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

No. I meant to say that local Server SDK is not installing the nuget package.

But I now understand that it’s supposed to act that way as explained by Morten Nielsen‌.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Note: The installation doesn't include the Local Server SDK, and that is by design. Is that what you mean by "didn't work" that it wasn't there ? Because that is intended

0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Yes. I thought since the downloads page mentions it as SDK it will also download the nugget package file.

But I now understand that VSIX file is the way to install the nuget package.

Once again thanks for clarifying.

0 Kudos