How do I convert my public account to an organiztional account after I have accepted the invitation with a token.

09-17-2020 03:42 PM
ChristopherHair
New Contributor

I received an invitation from my organization administrator, created a public account, and used the token to connect.  However, my account is still public so I can't log on to Arc Pro or access organization data on ArcGIS Online.  How do I convert my public account to an organizational account?  In MyESRI it shows that I am connected to the organization.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Christopher, 

Did you see this screen during the process?

If you created a new public account immediately before joining, then there aren't any maps/apps that will be added to the new organization when joining. For this reason, you could create a new account to join and not miss out on transferring in your old content. 

A few other things to try that you may have already:

• If you click the link again does it bring up the similar path to join the organization?
  • Can you request that your administrator invite you to join the organization again?

If all of these troubleshooting steps fail, I would recommend your administrator getting in touch with Esri Support and creating a case so an analyst can take a closer look at the issue. 

I hope this helps,

-Peter 

0 Kudos