ArcGIS Server 10.7.1: How to get the number of concurrent users of a map service?

09-16-2020 02:40 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Server 10.7.1: How to get the number of concurrent users of a map service?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a tool by which the number of concurrent users of a map service can be obtained

Google Analytics provide good tools to count the number of all users and concurrent users for a particular site but not sure how to count the number of concurrent users of esri map services

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

I don't know of any way to track the number of users actively making requests to a map service, since one instance of the service can correlate to requests from multiple users. However, there may be a way to set up a counter in ArcGIS Monitor to track the usage of services beyond what you can see in Server Manager. 

Specifically, I came across this Ideas post to add a counter for the functionality you described: https://community.esri.com/ideas/18767.  Feel free to vote on this idea and help it gain traction.

Best,

Calvin

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Calvin.

What is the link of the idea so that I can vote?

Jamal Numan
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jamal,

Oops, just realized I pasted the wrong URL! I edited my above post with the correct link.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I have already voted. Thanks

Does this mean that even the ArcGIS Monitor doesn’t have this functionality (counting the number of concurrent users of map services)?

Jamal Numan
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal NUMAN‌,

If your primary interest in the number of concurrent users relates to performance tuning, you might like to take a look at the System Log Parser tool - https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=90134fb0f1c148a48c65319287dde2f7 

While from memory it doesn't tell you the number for concurrent users, it does provide some very detailed metrics on how your services are handling the load that they're under - much more so than the built-in ArcGIS Server statistics. In my experience, the output of the System Log Parser tool is sufficient to inform most decisions to made around the performance of your ArcGIS Server site. 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you James for the help
Best
Jamal

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos