Collector app and repeat visits

09-11-2020 08:45 AM
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a client that uses a map in Collector to have field crew spray herbicide. Often when they come to spray an area( points, lines, and poly) they have to make 3 visits. The client would like the option, for each visit, to have the date associated with each visit. It seems so simple but I am having the hardest time figuring out what to do. 

One thought I had was to just have 3 date fields and call them Visit 1, 2, 3. Not sure if this is the best way. Everything else in the fields would be the same such as the persons name and types of invasive species. I really just need a log of each visit with the date. 

It has to be in Collector because that is what they want and we need to see the record of each visit. Any help is appreciated and if you need more info let me know. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd consider using related records to store the repeat visits, and capturing the editor information to get the date. You can see some conceptual information about when this is useful here: Design your layer > Choose how to store your layer > Record current status with historical records —... 

You can see a full example of setting this up, including how it looks/works in Collector, in the Learn lesson Inspect hydrants 

Esri Education Team
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Thank you! I will check this out!

0 Kudos