Points export

Jump to solution
09-07-2020 10:18 PM
AliH_
by
New Contributor

Hi everyone,
As part of my school project, I want to migrate from manual work to a more automated faster way to do the following using Arc GIS:
I have a set of points (Lat. and Long.); they are a part of a line network, and I have the GIS data for all streets in the area of my interest. I was wondering if there is any way I can program GIS to export (to excel) all the points that are within a certain radius of the streets. Also, I want to export all the issues that form a line that crosses the streets.

Thank you for your ideas!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Thulfiqar,

There are different ways of accomplishing this. One workflow you could do is buffer the street linework to create a polygon that encompasses the point data. Once you have a polygon output, you could select by location to select and export the points that are within a certain radius of the street that you specified in your streets buffer polygon. You could then automate this workflow with either model builder or a python script. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielChantlos
Esri Contributor

Hi Thulfiqar,

There are different ways of accomplishing this. One workflow you could do is buffer the street linework to create a polygon that encompasses the point data. Once you have a polygon output, you could select by location to select and export the points that are within a certain radius of the street that you specified in your streets buffer polygon. You could then automate this workflow with either model builder or a python script. Hope this helps!