Allow map created in Guided Tours to open full size?

Jump to solution
09-03-2020 12:47 PM
NatalieBrubaker
New Contributor

Hi there, I've created a walking tour using the Guided Tour tool which plots points of interest on a map for users to refer to.  Though it looks great on the website version, most of our users will be accessing the tour on their mobile phones. The map on the Guided Tour display is quite small when viewing it on a mobile device so I'd like to enable it to open up to full screen when users click on it. Is there a way to do that for the Guided Tour section? The tour also features a map created using Express Map that opens to full display on mobile no problem.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Natalie -- That's a neat idea to allow a tour map to be expanded to full screen. There are some map interaction and user experience considerations we'd need to think through to make that work well, but I will provide this feedback to our design team so we can consider your suggestion.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Natalie -- That's a neat idea to allow a tour map to be expanded to full screen. There are some map interaction and user experience considerations we'd need to think through to make that work well, but I will provide this feedback to our design team so we can consider your suggestion.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
LaraK
by
New Contributor II

I realise this is an older post, but just seconding that this would be a useful feature, particularly for viewing in landscape on a mobile, where the map becomes a just thin strip. I think it would be great if users could expand either the map or the media to full screen and then return to standard view, like one can do with videos in many web applications.

SaraFrankenfeld
New Contributor III

I agree, I'd love to see this functionality.  Especially on a smaller phone, the map is REALLY small and difficult to use.  We migrated a storymap from shortlist in classic storymaps to a tour in the current storymaps and the difference in map size is very noticeable.  It makes it much less user friendly on a phone.  I'd love the ability to expand the map to full screen. I'd also love the ability to get pop ups for features in the map, like in shortlist.

0 Kudos