Dirty Areas that can't be resolved

Jump to solution
09-02-2020 11:10 AM
RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II

I have dirty areas that can't be solved, in my case they are listed as stacked point features but I am unable to select any objects at that point. (see attached).

I did try unloading and reloading topology to no avail.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertThomson

The solution to this issue is to make sure you have no definition queries defined (delete or turn off if need be) and be certain in your feature class symbology to have a "all other values" defined.  For me it was a combination of both that was making the items creating the errors invisible and unable to be selected for a fix.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Good morning Robert Thomson‌ - 

Is the issue in this case that you cannot select the features which correspond with the point errors or that there is no corresponding point feature with a GUID matching that displayed in the Origin Global ID field?

Error 25 can generally be resolved by selecting the two points at that location and either relocating or deleting one of the two.  If you turn off the point errors sublayer are there any point features displayed in that location and are they set as selectable?

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
RobertThomson

I normally can fix Error 25 in the way you mention but in this case nothing is there to select.  I have the same issue on another Trace Network for our Water System, in one spot 12 stacked objects.

0 Kudos
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert Thomson‌ I've reached out via direct message to discuss a review of the scenario in more detail to see if we can get to the bottom of what might be going on.

0 Kudos
RobertThomson

Where did you pm to?  Don't see any kind of mailbox here on GeoNet.

0 Kudos
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert Thomson‌  I sent a message which should be visible in your inbox to the left of your profile badge at the top of the screen.  I'd like to review your data if possible.  Could you reach out to me at -  jderose at esri.com?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

We have several Error 25 showing up. In our feature classes we will often stack assets (a manhole, say) but give it a different active flag attribute. Asset can be "Proposed" or "Active". Because of this we have these stacked points. Doing some research,  the suggestion is to adjust the z value for the assets set as
"proposed" so they are no longer sharing the same x.y.z as the Active. 

I have z enabled my features. I tried doing an edit where I selected all active assets and then use the Edit Vertices, BUT I can't batch update the z value. I have hundreds of these so I need a batch update option. 

I found the Add Z Information tool as well as the Adjust 3d Z tool. Are these what Esri suggests we use to make these batch updates? I would need to do this if I use Trace Network or Utility Network. 

Thank you in advance, 

Vanessa

0 Kudos
RobertThomson

The solution to this issue is to make sure you have no definition queries defined (delete or turn off if need be) and be certain in your feature class symbology to have a "all other values" defined.  For me it was a combination of both that was making the items creating the errors invisible and unable to be selected for a fix.