How do I build a report template that aggregates/summarizes results according to two inputs

08-31-2020 12:57 PM
FelixMeier
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I am having a writers block designing a report template that will group the survey's by "building and then aggregate the survey123 answers for each creator's response. 

I've attached a sample report structure how I'd like to have it look. 
There are 8 different people using the survey for 12 different properties (buildings). Each Survey has around 60 questions. 

For example, 1 building will have 60 questions with the 8 individual's responses for each question.

The first question is "speed limit" and i'd like to list the 8 individual members (surveys) pertaining to this specific property (${Building}) and their response {$speed_limit}.

How do I go about creating such a report. Will I have to use the summarize report as the basis?

Thank you in advance,

Felix

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Felix,

Can you provide some information on how the form/feature service is designed?  Is there a parent record for the building and a related record for each inspector?  If so, then you would structure this as a repeat section.  If not, this may be more difficult to generate with the current repeat syntax.

FelixMeier
New Contributor II

Hi James,

The parent record consists of an excel table stored within the survey. (I am fairly new to this and would love to do a related table form a feature within AGOL)

Some of the fields are pre-populated from the parent table. There are multiple inspector on site at the same time filling out their own survey, I designed it like this as I did not want them to overwrite each others answers. 

After the inspection, there is a record for each property by each inspector. 

Now I would like to summarize every inspector's response for each building. 

I do not know if that is doable with what I currently have, or if there is a better way to design this entire survey process? 

Thank you for your help,

Felix

0 Kudos