Unable to save edits to Hub Site

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 04:24 PM
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on updating my organizations AGOL content to HTTPS rather than HTTP.  I need to change a few things related to that on one of our Hub Sites: County of San Luis Obispo 

When I try to save it after making some edits, such as changing image URLs to HTTPS, I get an orange error message along the bottom of the screen that stays for a few seconds and then goes away.  The error message is:

"TypeError: @esri/hub-sites: drafts only belong to a site or a page item model"

The site's "save" button has an exclamation point next to it:

and when I click the dropdown next to "save," it has this list of options.  None of them get me any closer to saving my edits.

This site was created before I joined my organization; it might be somewhat "old."  I have recently created other Hub Sites and have never had this issue before.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Allen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we pushed a hotfix for this issue. refresh your site / page and try again. thanks again for letting us know--our automated tests don't cover these older types `Web Mapping Application` that the app used in 2016 before we launched the "Hub" item types. We're looking at ways we can automate this case so we avoid breaking things in the future. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Natural_EnglandOpen_Data_Publi
New Contributor II

Hi all,

We have exactly the same behaviour / error with the TypeError message shown above, but for only one page within our site (see hyperlink below in edit mode).  All other pages/sub-pages are unaffected by this change.

Natural England Open Data Geoportal

Esri ArcGIS Hub developers - Please investigate and resolve ASAP, as this page is critical to day-to-day changes to our data publication information.

Andy Lee

Senior Adviser, Data Management and Geographical Information

Natural England, UK

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you both for bringing this to our attention. We're investigating at top priority

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we've found the issue and are working to address it via a fix in a few hours. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

we pushed a hotfix for this issue. refresh your site / page and try again. thanks again for letting us know--our automated tests don't cover these older types `Web Mapping Application` that the app used in 2016 before we launched the "Hub" item types. We're looking at ways we can automate this case so we avoid breaking things in the future. 

Natural_EnglandOpen_Data_Publi
New Contributor II

Hi Graham,

Thanks for investigating so quickly and pushing the hotfix.  I have successfully updated the affected page, saved the unpublished draft, then published the draft. I like this new feature. An improvement would be to enable us to view the preview of the published site in a new browser tab before going ahead with publishing.  This is not possible from the View Published option (you have to click on it then click back in the browser).

I'm not quite sure I understand the issue with our site.  What is 'old web mapping application' hence challenging about the Natural England Open Data Geoportal hub site?  What do we need to do at our side to ensure that the site is the latest ArcGIS Hub version and consuming the latest 'hub' item types?  Can you take a deeper look at the site then email guidance to me please.

Thanks,

Andy - Andrew.Lee@naturalengland.org.uk 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear it. It's more of Hub's history showing...there's nothing wrong with your site / page you are indeed on the latest version of Hub's runtime. If you *really* wanted to "fix" it (again - this was our fault and not yours) you would have to clone your site and then once the content was all set and the clone is public, move the site's URL from the old site to the clone. 

I don't think you have to do these steps...we're going to improve our detection for issues/discrepancies for sites made in this time period 

0 Kudos
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Graham,

Thank you so much for helping with this so quickly!  I really appreciate it.  I am now able to save changes to my site.

Allen