Story Maps, Someone Else is editing...

Jump to solution
08-17-2020 11:34 AM
JoshuaSams
New Contributor II

I've been working on some story maps recently. whenever I open on and begin working, I'm interrupted by a warning "Someone else is Editing" the listed user is me. 

This has been happening for just over a week, and the message interrupts any changes I making causing everything to take much longer. This is even happening when I create new Stories and haven't shared.

Wondering if this is a known bug, and if there is any way to resolve it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We've heard a report of this happening on the legacy Edge browser, which is not supported by the ArcGIS StoryMaps builder.

If this is the browser you are using, please download the latest version of Edge (the Chromium-based version) or use another supported browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

If this is not the browser you are using, please provide the browser and version.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We've heard a report of this happening on the legacy Edge browser, which is not supported by the ArcGIS StoryMaps builder.

If this is the browser you are using, please download the latest version of Edge (the Chromium-based version) or use another supported browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

If this is not the browser you are using, please provide the browser and version.

Owen Evans
JoshuaSams
New Contributor II

Thanks for answering that. 

Now I have another issue, while using Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.135) I'm having issues loading web maps into story maps and dashboards. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Joshua -- Sorry you are having an issue with web maps. Please start a new thread—either here or in the Dashboard space—with additional details so someone can try to help you out.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos