Is there a way to change the time slider widget to just include a single year instead of an interval?

08-14-2020 10:43 AM
Lindsey_Whittington
New Contributor II

Hey Xander Bakker‌!

I'm curious if you have any experience editing the widgets in AGOL? I was trying to figure out if there was a way to change the time slider feature in the Time Slider widget where it has a 1 year time interval display on the map application. Is there a way to set the interval feature to include just a single year instead of time interval to display years over time? It won't let me set the interval to "0", so I was curious if there was a way to edit this on the development side in the code for the widgets? Not sure what that looks like, but just thought I'd reach out and see if you had any ideas!

Cheers,

Lindsey

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lindsey Whittington ,

Not sure if I understand the question, but you can configure a couple of things in the advanced settings of the time slider. Enter the time slider configuration, and choose advanced settings (sorry for the Spanish screenshots):

Next, configure the start and end date to start at exact dates as shown in the example below:

When you start the time slider, it will show the date range from a single year, although it will still show the range of dates. 

0 Kudos
Lindsey_Whittington
New Contributor II

Hey Xander Bakker‌,

I've messed around in the advanced settings and saw that, thank you! I was curious, though, if you are able to make it so that when you develop an application in the Webapp Builder and add the time slider widget to the application (much like in advanced settings) if you can make it so the arrow only includes a single year of data (Ex: the time slider arrow starts on 2019 and does not include 2020 in the interval, based on your example above). When you then skip ahead, it would be an arrow on 2020, 2021, etc. and not have an interval visible when skipping. Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Lindsey

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lindsey Whittington ,

The Web AppBuilder also has some configuration for the time slider widget. You can change the format to only show the year:

... and you can edit the date range for the slider

However this still ended up with a slider that mentioned two years for instance "From 2011 to 2012":

You could change the configuration and use the minimum and maximum values:

Which will show a single year if you manual change the time range to a single date: