Exporting maps from ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to any graphics format yields garbage.

08-13-2020 07:04 AM
Labels (1)
JeremyKerr
New Contributor

I'm a longtime ArcGIS user and I'm now working with ArcGIS Pro 2.5 (build 22081). I need to export maps I've built for publication purposes. Exporting raster maps to TIFF format gives blocky garbage that is unusable. Same thing with JPG, BMP, TGA, any other format. Basically, ArcGIS Pro cannot export graphics. I'm stunned that this elementary bug has not been addressed and I am seeing that comments about this problem go back years, to version 2.1 at least.

I have tried every combination of TIF or other graphics output parameters, adjusting DPI, compression, etc. I have made sure all data layers are in the same, unprojected coordinates, and that the overall map is displayed in the same coordinate system. Exporting maps to a graphical format seems to lead consistently to the same thing.

I had already discovered that it is impossible to export a map with a partially transparent raster data layer without tripping over this same bug, so I already eliminated use of transparent data layers to create the image drape I wanted on a hillshade surface.

Has anyone figured out how to export TIFF files that are correct? At this point, I have been reduced to using screen capture to export maps. This is absurd.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaximPastchenko
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeremy, sorry that you are having hard time with exporting maps to TIFF and other formats from ArcGISPro.   In order to address your issue, we need a bit more information on what specific problem with export you are experiencing.  Could you please share your data and attach some screenshots what map and resulting exported tiff or another format looks like?  

BrianE
by
Occasional Contributor II

I agree. The output is almost always subpar.

The illustrator plug in is also buggy and it either crashes my Illustrator or doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, 

Sorry that you are experiencing issues with the Illustrator plugin. For questions or issues with ArcGIS Maps for Adobe please create a post here or contact Esri technical support team so your case can be looked into. Thank you.

0 Kudos