Can't add a question to a survey 123 design

08-10-2020 03:52 PM
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

I've taken over the design of a survey in survey 123.  I'm trying to add a question to the second page of the survey.  It allows me to do that, and it confirms that the change is saved, but when I close and reopen the survey form the new question isn't there. It hasn't been published, we are still in the design stage.  I must be missing something - can somebody help me out? I haven't used survey 123 at all and have a short deadline.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gayle,

Are you connecting to AGOL or an enterprise portal?

What web browser did you use?

The questions should be saved if you click "Saved" button even the survey is not published.

It might be some network connection issue with that problematic survey.

Could you try another new survey with web designer and see if you could reproduce the issue?

Or try other web browser and open the same survey to check.

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shwu-jing,

I couldn't get it to work in a different browser.  I made a copy of the original survey and was able to make the change in  that.  So maybe it was because I wasn't the original owner of the survey?  Or maybe there was a problem with the original survey. 

Thanks for your quick response!

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gayle,

How did you copy the survey if the origional survey was not owned by you?

If you are the owner of the survey, you should be able to make any changes or save the survey as another copy under your AGOL account log in. 

Try to create a testing survey with your own account and save the survey with changes without publishing to see if your account permission worked fine.

If everything works as expected with new survey, it might be the problem with the survey you got from someone and we would need to know how you get the survey into your account to start with.

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shwu-jing,

My apologies for a late response.  it's been a busy week!  So I changed the ownership of the original survey, which I could do as an administrator. 

I was able to then make a copy of the original survey and it worked just fine.  We are close to being able to deploy it! 

It was my first time using Survey 123, and I have to say that I like it!

Thanks,

Gayle 

0 Kudos