Receiving Error 000210 when running the LAS Dataset To Raster in ArcGIS Pro

08-10-2020 06:22 AM
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to use some old LiDAR data the create a raster which I will then use to create contours for our county. Another hurdle I have to clear is that the LiDAR data is in meters, but I'm looking to create contours in feet. Not really sure how to make that conversion either.  Here is the geoprocessing results window:

I will admit that I have not used LiDAR or raster data very much, so it is very possible that I could just be doing something wrong or using a wrong setting. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best, 

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

try having no spaces in the output path, use "_" if needed.

You can also use a LAS dataset to manage and potential export from there; Use lidar in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

I have tried that as well. I created a new geodatabase named TEST and ran it again, and got the same message. I have come across several other posts mentioning this problem and they state that if the LAS data is in a GCS (ours is) that this could happen. The suggested action was to reproject the LAS dataset to a local projected coordinate system. Well.. I can't figure out how to reproject it. The only ESRI tool I have come across that mentions reprojecting LiDAR data is the Extract LAS tool, and, of course we don't have the required license for it. It requires 3d Analyst and we only have Spatial Analyst. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks on that testing. I can understand not having that extension. I am not sure of another way at this point. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Lidar and other point cloudsElevation DataImagery and Remote Sensing

--- George T.
0 Kudos