Tracker for ArcGIS stores a lot of data to mobile storage

08-05-2020 11:47 PM
AdministrátorJihlava
New Contributor III

Have any of you experienced the situation, that Tracker stores a huge amounts of data to mobile storage - like 5 GB? Users work online whole time so I suppose that all data are sent to the server. In the documentation is mentioned that data are automatically deleted from device after 72 hours (or something like this). But this seems it's not deleting. When i look at memory storage, I can see a db file which is only a few MB big and anything else. I have no idea where is the rest of data and what kind of data it is. It's a huge problem for us, because our municipality police department are using tracker every day and we have to solve a problem with a lack of free space in mobile devices all the time. Can you help me with this problem? 

We use Tracker within ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and version 20.2.0  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdministrátorJihlava
New Contributor III

Jeff Shaner‌ please, haven't you experienced this behaviour yet?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you seeing this issue on Android or iOS?

Are you seeing it multiple devices?

There is a job that runs at least once every 24 hours to clear track data older than 72 hours that has been uploaded.

0 Kudos
AdministrátorJihlava
New Contributor III

We're seeign it on Android devices. And we're experiencing it on all of devices, on which tracker runs.

Yeah, but it seems something goes wrong with the process of deleting data from device. 

0 Kudos
AdministrátorJihlava
New Contributor III

Hello, 

have you already find a solution for storing a lot of data from Tracker? We're still seeing it and don't know how to prevent from saving this huge amount of data to mobile storage. It causes a problem to our users.

Thanks for your help. 

Jana

0 Kudos