Introduction and questions about the forum

08-06-2020 12:36 PM
Labels (1)
MaggieArdito
Occasional Contributor

Hi,  I've already been helped twice by this community so I'm really impressed!  but I'm wondering if I'm posting in the right place or if there are subcategories under Nonprofits. 

I'm co-founder and president of the St JOhns River-to-Sea Loop Alliance.  Small all-volunteer nonprofits like ours are very hands-on where a few people are passionate about the cause and wear a lot of hats - one of the many hats I wear is GIS and mapping so I'm entirely self-taught and not very confident.  Our nonprofit has a specific focus on supporting a particular 260-mile paved Florida bike trail, and a broader focus on advocating active, equitable mobility and cycle tourism.  Most of my mapping has been about the trail and resources in the trail corridor.   But I'd also like to learn how GIS can help our broader cause.  We use Pro which has proved a challenge because the partners who would be willing to help us are gov't & academic people who do not use Pro and don't want to work across the differences.

So my question is - is there a way to find and connect with people like ourselves who would be willing to discuss and share knowledge about any of these issues?  

• A support group for amateur GIS people
    • Bike Trails - evolving routes, managing "resources"  like trail heads, campgrounds and points of interest
    • Story Maps or other tools for Guidebooks
    • Connecting with advocates
    • Pro (and how to get help from desktop users)

Thanks for any suggestions.   

0 Kudos
0 Replies