AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are the common causes of ArcGIS Pro disconnected from ArcGIS Online?

Question asked by jonkwong@bgt on Aug 5, 2020
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 by aam-esristaff

I have an ArcGIS Pro instance hosted in AWS, which is being used to run some arcpy scripts on a regular basis. I want to setup high availability by setting up a 2nd instance cloned from the 1st instance. 

Naturally, I would setup the two instances to connect to a license manager also hosted in AWS. I understand that concurrent use license is not supported in cloud environment until recently, as documented in this white paper https://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/arcgis_desktop_licensing_in_cloud_environments.pdf.

In the document, it also explains that for named user license, a single user may login on up to 3 simultaneous devices. So, does it mean that I can setup HA by having both ArcGIS Pro instances login to the same name user in ArcGIS Online? This is good news as I won't have to maintain another machine to host the license manager.

I wish to have the instances run for months without the need for human intervention. However, I am concern about ArcGIS Pro disconnected from ArcGIS Online. I know the common reasons this probably happened are; someone revoked the license or the password has changed. Are there other reasons that ArcGIS Pro will get disconnected from ArcGIS Online?

For my use case, is named user license a valid alternative to concurrent use license?

Outcomes