Setting the Default Point Location for a Survey

08-04-2020 08:46 AM
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I'm creating a survey using Survey123 Connect. The survey will be used in browser and will not have a geopoint section. By default the points are placed at 0,0 coordinates. Is it possible to set another default location for these points, say in the middle of my state for example? 

Thanks! 

Tags (2)
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

If no geopoint question is included in the survey, it is not possible to set a default. If you want to set a default location you will need to include a geopoint question.

Note we are currently working on supporting the hidden appearance type for both the field app and web app on geopoint questions, and this will allow you to include a geopoint question with a default, but hide it from the user in the form. This currently works in the field with 3.10 release, but not yet supported in the web app.

Regards,

Phil.

AndrewPadilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

Is there a general time frame when hidden geopoint questions will be supported in the web app?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

We are planning to support hidden appearance in the web app in 3.11, however this is not yet confirmed but in the planning stage.

Regards,

Phil.

AlejandroMadrigal
New Contributor II

Hi Philp:

You say that to include a geopoint question with a default, but hide it from the user in the form acctually works in 3.10 release. Could you tell me what is the procedure? I mean, what I need is to include a default geopoints to a group of locations in a select one list. Is that possible in Survey Connect?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alejandro,

Yes, if you are using Connect 3.10 and the field app 3.10 (and not the web app) you can use the new "hidden" appearance on the geopoint question, and you can use a calculation to set the lat and long via a select one question choice.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos