Story Maps and Cost

08-04-2020 12:56 PM
EvanIsaacson1
New Contributor

Hello!

I've been using on and off since 2002, but really only on Desktop. I'm new to Story Maps. As part of a small nonprofit with a limited budget (and with an E.D. unfamiliar with GIS) I need some assurance that I can make a Story Map at low or no cost. And equally important - if there is a cost, will I know what it is before I incur anything?? I have had a hard time in the past getting an understanding of how many 'credits' anything costs and that has been a major disincentive for me to do anything other than basic Desktop use. Basically, we've never had a program budget for GIS other than the annual license. I'm sure I could convince my team to provide a small budget if needed because I think they love the idea of us publishing Story Maps. But they would kill me if I wracked up a bill without a budget for it. Thanks for any input!

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Isaac! StoryMaps is included as a product within ArcGIS Online. If you have a Nonprofit License already, you actually probably already have access to StoryMaps as well. If not, the Nonprofit pricing for online is $100 per user per year. Here is how to get started with AGOL. Once you are in, you can go to the StoryMaps application and start building!

0 Kudos