Displaying gallery cards with different share settings than the hub page?

07-31-2020 03:01 PM
AlexanderVencill
New Contributor

I have a publicly shared page on my hub site and I want to add a gallery card that shows content from an AGOL group. The content in the gallery card is only shared within my organization and so those items don't show up at all on the hub page. What I'm trying to do is display the gallery card on the page and when the user clicks on it then prompt them to sign in. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

best i can think of is static HTML or a version of the item that is just a document link to the real item. Either way I'm not 100% sure you'll get the right sign in UX. 

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have accomplished something very similar in my Enterprise Site not sure if it will work on Hub with my understanding they are slightly different.

I have a Web Mapping Application (Lets call this Viewer Original) that is shared only to a specified group (lets call Group X) and they are required to login in when viewing the application.  However, my sites page it is shared out to my entire organization.  So in order to get the gallery card to show up on the page with the rest of the cards but still maintain the requirement for my specified group to log in, I performed the following steps.

On Portal in my Content I clicked Add Item/An Application.  For the settings I set it to Web Mapping, Purpose to Ready to Use and API to Other.  I then copied and pasted the Viewer Original App share link into the URL and gave it a slightly different name (lets call it Viewer Sites).  

Then in the Viewer Sites Application I shared this out to the Entire Organization so it will display as my Enterprise Sites gallery card.  However, since this is only a link back to Viewer Original and when you are in the Sites Page and click the link it prompts for Group X login credentials once it attempts to load the map.

It is just like putting a static HTML link in a text box but letting it display as a gallery item with all of the rest of your data.  It is a very round-about way of doing something but it is the best I could come up with.  It would be nice if there was a settings somewhere where you have the option to show all apps in that group whether or not they match the same permissions.

0 Kudos