Link to Bookmark

Jump to solution
07-31-2020 02:33 PM
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

In the old Story Maps, you could do create a link for a specific tab or index (see this blog post), but is it possible to do something similar with the bookmarks in the new version of the Story Maps?

Thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael Vetter‌ -- Thanks for your feedback. There isn't currently a way to create internal story links at this time, but we are looking into adding this feature for a future update.

Could you please provide a little more information about what parts of a story you'd like to link to so we can better understand what experience you are trying to achieve?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael Vetter‌ -- Thanks for your feedback. There isn't currently a way to create internal story links at this time, but we are looking into adding this feature for a future update.

Could you please provide a little more information about what parts of a story you'd like to link to so we can better understand what experience you are trying to achieve?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

Owen,

I'm currently using the collections feature to create an interactive report for water basins. I have several story maps that are kind of equivalent to executive summaries and then several story maps for each water basin. The story maps for each water basin has bookmarks for the different watersheds that are within the basin. I was asked if there was a way to have a link to a particular watershed so that a user wouldn't have to leave the executive summary then select the correct water basin story map then find the bookmark for the watershed the user wants to read about. They want to make getting to a particular watershed as easy as possible for the user.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos