numpy_financial

Jump to solution
07-30-2020 07:43 AM
LouisePetit
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to use numpy_financial, (which is a package ones can download here: numpy-financial · PyPI  ), in order to use the function npf.irr(). Numpy had an IRR function, but it's deprecated, and it's adviced to go on with numpy financial package.

I've imported the package in my arcgis cloned environment, but apparently it doesn't recognize it. Have anyone already worked with numpy_financial in ArcGIS Pro ? Otherwise, I can copy all the function's code, but it's a bit rough...

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

numpy financial is being deprecated and eventually removed.  All that means is that no further development or updates will be made and people should move on to the new package.

If you installed the replacement into your cloned environment and activated that environment, it should be available.

If you are in a pinch... it still exists in numpy (screen shot from Spyder, read the help topic and NEP 32

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

numpy financial is being deprecated and eventually removed.  All that means is that no further development or updates will be made and people should move on to the new package.

If you installed the replacement into your cloned environment and activated that environment, it should be available.

If you are in a pinch... it still exists in numpy (screen shot from Spyder, read the help topic and NEP 32

... sort of retired...
LouisePetit
New Contributor

Thanks a lot Dan, I'll do that then !

0 Kudos