I am using the current Story Maps (could not find a group for this?) and I can no longer add subheadings to side cars. Anyone know why this may be happening? I just completed a story map 2 days ago in which I was able to add subheadings. However when I e

Jump to solution
07-30-2020 08:44 AM
StephenBeck
New Contributor

When clicking on "continue your story..." the menu no longer shows add a heading or add subheading plus other options

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Stephen -- It is still possible to add headings, subheadings, lists, and quotes. The text options have been collapsed since the block palette was getting filled with choices.

When you open the block palette and select Text to insert a text block, the text toolbar is now shown so you can pick the type of text block you want (or just start typing for a paragraph block). As always, you can still just select text in a block and convert it to a different type using the same text toolbar.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Stephen -- It is still possible to add headings, subheadings, lists, and quotes. The text options have been collapsed since the block palette was getting filled with choices.

When you open the block palette and select Text to insert a text block, the text toolbar is now shown so you can pick the type of text block you want (or just start typing for a paragraph block). As always, you can still just select text in a block and convert it to a different type using the same text toolbar.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos