Setting Offset for All Symbols at Once

07-28-2020 12:08 PM
DarrenConly
Occasional Contributor

Greetings All,

I have a line layer of road network links and want to show the speed data for each link, with directions showing side-by-side. The layer by default has different directions on top of each other (e.g. for a road that runs north-south, there are two separate links right on top of each other), so I need to use the "offset" effect in ArcGIS Pro to get the different directions to show up.

My normal procedure is to click each symbol in the layer > go to its properties > click the "layers" button > set my offset effect value to desired value. This process works fine but is cumbersome because I usually have 5+ symbols for each layer, and I have to repeat this process for each symbol. It's annoying. What I'd far prefer to do is be able to set the offset amount in a single step, rather than repeating for each symbol.

I tried doing "format all symbols". This allows you to set the color and thickness of all the symbols within a layer, but does not allow you to set the offset.

Is there a way to do this? I.e., is there a "format all symbols" step that also allows you to set the offset amount for all symbols at once, instead of needing to set the offset amount for each symbol individually?

ArcGIS Version: Pro 2.5

Thank you,

0 Kudos
0 Replies