Any way to avoid full map rebuilds all the time?

07-28-2020 11:05 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is getting to be more and more work to have to rebuild the maps all the time.  Looking for any way to avoid this?

Simple one today.  I Enabled attachments on a layer that is in an existing map.  It will not honor that change unless I readd the layer to the map.  Which means I then have to completely rebuild from scratch all my arcade, all my popups, all my config attributes, labels, rename etc.  And I have to do this for all layers in that feature service!  This can take hours on some of my big maps.

I keep notepad docs so I can at least copy and paste it but it is getting really tiring to have to rebuild the maps all the time.

Anyone ever find a way around this?  Any thought to having a way to refresh a layer without an add?   This happens with relationships classes and some other things in ArcMap also.

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried to open the webmap again without changing webmap itself and click save?  

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I\we have tried that.  We have been dealing with this for years actually.  If you add a field, relationship class, attachments, change alias, change display name, you name it you must readd the layer to the map and use it.  Even if you add the layer a second time, then remove the new and keep the old that still does not work.  It simply will not pick up any changes without a readd.

thanks

0 Kudos