Hello, from a local government officer in the UK

07-21-2020 01:47 AM
Labels (1)
Jon_Tait
New Contributor II

I'm an Environmental Control Officer for East Riding of Yorkshire Council in the UK. I have over 20 years experience with ESRI GIS from ArcView 3.1 right through to ArcGIS Pro and the AGOL. I mainly use them for contaminated land risk assessment, local air quality mapping and modelling, this year I've been looking how we can use Survey123 and Dashboards to automate a lot of our inspection processes and also how we respond to emergencies such as flooding events. I love seeing how we can use the apps available through AGOL to give our staff instant access to data in the field, allowing them to update, review and interact with live data. My favorite place on earth, sitting on the bench on Latrigg looking down into the Derwent Valley, Keswick, Lake District, UK. have a look for yourself 54.6114367 -3.1217732

Environmental Control Officer
East Riding of Yorkshire Council, UK
3 Replies
ShazQamar1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jon, I am from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire  Sounds like you are doing some great work using the apps

0 Kudos
Jon_Tait
New Contributor II

Thanks Shaz, we're in the early stages and it's a steep learning curve but

it has so much potential to improve our front line work.

Cheers

Jon

All East Riding of Yorkshire Council emails and attachments (other than information provided pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004) are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Unauthorised use is not permitted. If this email was not intended for you, you may not copy, use or share the information in any way. Please email postmaster@eastriding.gov.uk to advise us that you have received this email in error.

The Council makes every effort to virus check this email and its attachments. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for loss or damage which may happen from opening this email or any attachment(s). It is recommend that you run an antivirus program on any material you download.

This message has been sent over the internet and unless encrypted email should not be treated as a secure means of communication. Please bear this in mind when deciding what information to include in any email messages you send the Council. The Council does not accept service of legal documents by email.

The Council reserves the right to monitor record and retain incoming and outgoing emails for security reasons and for monitoring compliance with our policy on staff use. As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose the contents of emails under data protection laws and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. We will withhold information where there is a good reason to do so. For information about what we do with personal data see our privacy notices on www.eastriding.gov.uk/privacyhub.

Environmental Control Officer
East Riding of Yorkshire Council, UK
0 Kudos
ShazQamar1
Esri Contributor

Yes it sounds great, If I can help in any way just let me know

Have a great evening

Shaz

Shaz Qamar | European Marketing Lead

Esri | Groot Handelsgebouw Stationsplein 45 | Rotterdam | Netherlands

sqamar@esri.com<mailto:sqamar@esri.com> | esri.com

tel:+441296311267