AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deconstructing Quick Report Template

Question asked by GarrettRSmith on Jul 19, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2020 by GarrettRSmith

Hello

I am slowly making progress with this steep AppStudio learning curve. It is definitely challenging, but that is a good thing. 

I am trying to deconstruct the Quick Report Template as I only need to be able to do the following: add a point from the users location, attach photographs, and populating an attribute table. 

If I look at the StackView from the QuickReportApp.qml file and run the template, I only need the Select Report Type (PickTypePage.qml), Add Location (RefineLocationPage.qml), Select Media (AddPhotoPage.qml), and Add Details (AddDetailsPage.qml), and the Thank You page (cannot find that qml file).

My first hurdle, is understanding how the PickTypePage.qml is configured. I cannot figure out how to have only one point option. Where is the list of points stored? Even when I open the SubTypePicker.qml file I am unable to discern how this list of options is stored.

Alternatively, I thought about using the ReportGalleryPage.qml instead of the PickTypePage.qml since I could add some text to the choices. However, I am having the same issue in that I cannot figure out where or how you can change the details of the choices presented. For example, how would I only have the first option "Wildfire Response Points"? And, if I can get rid of the line and polygon options, how do I change the text contained within?

I should note that the feature layer that people will be adding their observations in the field to will only be points.  

Once I can figure out a more intuitive and elegant way to simply add points I am sure I will have a barrage of questions to follow.

Thanks

Garrett 

Outcomes