AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I create a map tiling scheme for use in ArcGIS Earth Mobile

Question asked by MervynLotter on Jul 16, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2020 by Xi_Chen-esristaff

Hi there

I would like to create a mobile scene package (SLPK) for use in ArcGIS Earth Mobile.  The mobile version of ArcGIS Earth can only load SLPKs with a geographic coordinate system (WGS 84). I would like to add a satellite image to my SLPK so I first need to convert it to a TPK or TPKX file before adding it to the SLPK.  It needs to be in the same projection.

Creating a tile package in Web Mercator is easy as it is based on the ArcGIS Online/Bing Maps/Google Maps tiling scheme. However it is not so easy to generate the tiling scheme to use in creating a TPK/TPKX file for use in ArcGIS Earth Mobile. I tried creating a few custom WGS 84 tiling schemes but they do not match that which is being used in ArcGIS Earth so they dont load. I get the below error message. 

"The layer's tiling scheme can't be adjusted to align properly with the current spatial reference .."

Can you please provide me with instructions to generate/create an appropriate tiling scheme? Or can you provide me with the tiling scheme xml file? Or am I missing something ? 

Thank you.

Mervyn

Outcomes