ArcGIS Indoors is not sharing your location

07-09-2020 03:38 PM
FabioLuis_Pires_dos_Santos
Esri Contributor

I'm trying everything to enable my location using ArcGIS Indoors. I enabled Tracking Location on my Portal, I created another feature with location attributes following instructions on the Internet, I created roles, I created tracks views and nothing works. When I open ArcGIS Indoors app (1.3.1) on my android device I get this message "ArcGIS Indoors is not sharing your location" even I have already enabled this option on the settings. I enabled all permissions on my device to use ArcGIS Indoors. 

By the way, my friends from my organization are getting the same message. 

I would like to try another version of the app but I don't have access to download it.

Does anyone have the same problem? How can I fix it? Could it be a problem in my infrastructure?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FabioLuis_Pires_dos_Santos
Esri Contributor

I got an answer from Esri last week, in the period of Users Conference. Gaurav Jobanputra helped me a lot and solved the problem.

He figured out that the problem was on my Portal infrastructure. To resolve that I updated my app to new version, in my case Android v1.4.

Thanks a lot Gaurav for your help. 

0 Kudos
Ohan_GeoDecisions
New Contributor II

@FabioLuis_Pires_dos_Santos  - what had to be updated on the Portal side, do you recall ? i have the same issue with the android v1.4

0 Kudos
Fabio_Pires
New Contributor III

Dear @Ohan_GeoDecisions,

In your case, I guess is the version of your Android. Try using device with current version of Android.

Anyways, there is a feature called Tracking Zones at AIIM, where you define areas to be tracked.

Draw or use a polygon to populate this feature. Enable or disabe areas to be tracked using the column Track Type.

After that, publish your mobile map, follow orientations on ArcGIS Indoors site, then enable in your Indoors Mobile app, the Share Device Location in Settings.

Don`t forget to enable Tracking Location on your ArcGIS Portal or AGOL.

Regards,

Fabio Pires

0 Kudos