Setting output symbology in ArcGIS Pro ModelBuilder?

Jump to solution
07-10-2020 06:07 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In ArcMap Desktop ModelBuilder, you could control output symbology by selecting the output variable, "Properties" then selecting a layer file.

I don't see this option in ArGIS Pro modelbuilder. Is it possible to control symbology of outputs with ArcGIS Pro modelbuilder?

Sorry in advance if I am overlooking something obvious.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy,

1. Open the model Properties (ModelBuilder ribbon tab > Model group > Properties).
  2. In the Properties dialog, click the Parameters tab.
  3. For the table row containing the parameter of interest, scroll all the way to the right. There's a Symbology column.
  4. Click in the cell for that column. A browse button appears.
  5. Browse to the layer file you want to use for the output.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy,

1. Open the model Properties (ModelBuilder ribbon tab > Model group > Properties).
  2. In the Properties dialog, click the Parameters tab.
  3. For the table row containing the parameter of interest, scroll all the way to the right. There's a Symbology column.
  4. Click in the cell for that column. A browse button appears.
  5. Browse to the layer file you want to use for the output.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hm. It's a raster with classified ranges and it's not ... quite working. If I run apply symbology to layer, I need to set "Maintain Ranges." Is there someway to set this in modelbuilder properties?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Randy McGregor,

• Instead of using apply sumbology from layer tool try setting it from the output of the tool. Does that work?
  • Which part is not working? Can you please help share the snapshot of model, the layer range used to set and the value range of the data you are trying to set. 
  • Is the range different from what the layer it is pointing to for setting the symbology?

0 Kudos