Runtime SDK 100.6 for .Net Does not show creating feature on map

Jump to solution
07-09-2020 07:01 AM
nrcnylmz
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am trying to add feature to offline geodatabase. However, the feature that I added to the table with the geometry type point does not appear on the map. but when I add a new feature to the table with a geometry type polyline, it immediately appears on the map.

featureTable.CreateFeature(); // create feature from geodatabase table

..... // set Geometry and attributes

Feature.Geometry = GeometryEngine.Project(Feature.Geometry, MapView.SpatialReference);

await featureTable.AddFeatureAsync(feature.GetArcGISFeature()); // add feature to table 

feature.GetArcGISFeature().Refresh(); // refresh feature 

What is wrong?

Please help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nrcnylmz
New Contributor II

I found the solution finally. My aim is that I want to create a feature from feature table. Table geometry type is point. I can see the previous feature geometries on the map but the geometry od my newly added is not visible on the map. Then I used the code from esri documantation. The code was about symbology. And my problem was solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Is GetArcGISFeature is an extension method, unless I am missing something in documentation.  As a first guess I would check the symbology of the new point to be sure there is a symbol being applied to the new feature.  Also you really should not need the Refresh, it does not do a redraw of the layer, the point should be visible once added

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
nrcnylmz
New Contributor II

Hi,

Yes, GetArcGISFeature is an extension method. It returns ArcGIS feature class object. I use createFeature() method.It uses feature table symbology, right? So,I do not adjust the symbology. I get it from the table automatically. 

0 Kudos
nrcnylmz
New Contributor II

I found the solution finally. My aim is that I want to create a feature from feature table. Table geometry type is point. I can see the previous feature geometries on the map but the geometry od my newly added is not visible on the map. Then I used the code from esri documantation. The code was about symbology. And my problem was solved.

0 Kudos