StoryMaps Design Navigation Unresponsive

Jump to solution
07-07-2020 06:09 AM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working with a StoryMap Collection and attempting to change the Design settings. Am attempting to change the Navigation setting from Compact to either Tabbed or Bulleted, but the style appears to not be applied and cannot be previewed. I use Chrome as my default browser and check for updates often.

Have others experienced this? Browser issue, perhaps? Other?

Screenshot of the Design and Navigation style I'm attempting to apply. Tabbed and Bulleted style show not visible change when selected.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kyle -- Note that the navigation bar isn't not shown on the collection overview. If you click one of the items you'll see the navigation bar with the option you've selected. See the video below from the latest What's new post to see the new navigation options in action.

We agree the preview experience can be a bit confusing, so we're looking to make some adjustments there in a future update. Thanks for providing feedback on this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kyle -- Note that the navigation bar isn't not shown on the collection overview. If you click one of the items you'll see the navigation bar with the option you've selected. See the video below from the latest What's new post to see the new navigation options in action.

We agree the preview experience can be a bit confusing, so we're looking to make some adjustments there in a future update. Thanks for providing feedback on this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

This is more clear. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AshleyJackson1
New Contributor

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but i found this video to be extremely straightforward. Such a simple step, but I realized that i wasn't actually choosing the heading formatting option (that bigger bolded "Tt") when I inserted my text. After I did that, the option popped up as a heading option. Here's the video: How to add headings and text to a StoryMap - YouTube