Dynamic Dropdown list

07-06-2020 08:44 PM
JesteenJohn
New Contributor

Is it possible in Survey123 to load a dropdown list dynamically using  pulldata() function that uses javascript to connect and fetch a list of values from a REST end point?

I've used pulldata() with javascript to fetch a value from REST end point and load a Text field in the Survey, so was wondering if the same is possible for a dropdown list.?

James Tedrick

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jesteen,

No, this is currently not supported or possible. A drop down (select one or select multiple) can not be populated dynamically from another source or using a JS function.

We do have an enhancement to support this in the future, it is currently in our backlog and something we will look into more in the future.

Regards,

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jesteen,

Just letting you know that in the latest 3.12 beta builds available on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community we have made significant improvements to large choice lists which improve the survey load time in both Connect and the field app.

On top of this there are now some new ways you can manage your choice lists dynamically and update them without having to republish the survey, meaning choice lists can now be populated and updated dynamically from a CSV file or hosted table shared in ArcGIS or directly from a feature service using the search() function. Please check out the latest announcement on EAC and test out these new beta features with the latest 3.12 beta builds.

Regards,

Phil.

JohnSchweisinger
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to make a survey 1) use an existing location but update a new record 2) use a dropdown from previous entries to auto-populate the fields such as name and contact.

I use the Desktop Surey123 Connect; I'm looking for a way to keep records and dropdowns updated via the cloud and not the desktop media files since we have multiple updates. It would be nice if the dropdowns just updated from the last survey. 

If I'm not mistaken, you are saying I can host the CSV online and update those records and it will use that as the media file to populate dropdowns?

LeahClark
New Contributor III

@JesteenJohn did you ever figure this out? @Anonymous User  is this possible yet?