ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 Partially Hangs when Editing

Jump to solution
07-06-2020 12:03 PM
EvanO_Keefe1
New Contributor II

I have a user who, while editing in Pro 2.3.2, runs into an issue where the program hangs. What's interesting about this is that tools can be selected, windows can be opened/closed/rearranged, etc., but there is no response in the map view when trying to select features. We've made sure that features are checked on in the List by Selection and the List by Editing. Also, Pro cannot be closed without using Task Manager when this happens.

*****************UPDATE*****************

We are able to replicate this by splitting a line and then using edit vertices. Please see attached video.

When it happens it's using about 5% of the CPU and about 2GB of Memory.

Has anyone else run into this and have you found a workaround/fix?

Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2

System: i7 processor

500 Gb hard drive

16GB RAM

Windows 10

Radeon 530 Graphics Card

Thank you to anyone who can answer this!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Evan,

Regarding your update and video:

I noticed that you are activating the tools via a shortcut on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). Another user previously reported activation problems when using tools launched from the QAT. As I mentioned in the other thread, we are fixing this in a future release.

One workaround would be to make sure to open at least one tool, any tool, from the Modify Features pane first before launching the editing tools on from the quick access toolbar. The other workaround would be to use the Tools gallery on the Edit tab instead - you can add Favorite tools to it:

Let me know if this helps,

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Evan,

Without steps to reproduce, we really can't say if it there is a workaround. I can say that hangs that were found and reported to us since 2.3.2 have been fixed. The most current release is 2.5.2; however, 2.6 is coming soon.

If you can narrow down the repro steps, feel free to post them here and I can test further.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Kudos
EvanO_Keefe1
New Contributor II

Thanks Scott. I'll try and get him updated to 2.5.2, but it all depends on if it's approved or not for use! If we're able to replicate it, I will add to the question!

Thanks,

Evan

0 Kudos
EvanO_Keefe1
New Contributor II

Scott,

Please see the update! Thanks!

Evan

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Evan,

Regarding your update and video:

I noticed that you are activating the tools via a shortcut on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). Another user previously reported activation problems when using tools launched from the QAT. As I mentioned in the other thread, we are fixing this in a future release.

One workaround would be to make sure to open at least one tool, any tool, from the Modify Features pane first before launching the editing tools on from the quick access toolbar. The other workaround would be to use the Tools gallery on the Edit tab instead - you can add Favorite tools to it:

Let me know if this helps,

Scott

0 Kudos
EvanO_Keefe1
New Contributor II

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the response. It appears that the Quick Access Toolbar was the issue. We have not been able to duplicate it using the Tools gallery.

Thanks,

Evan

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Evan,

Good to hear you have a workaround. Expect a fix for the issue with editing tools launched from the Quick Access Toolbar in a future release of ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks,

Scott