AnsweredAssumed Answered

Seems Like Collector Is Not Ready for Prime Time

Question asked by MapManOregon on Jul 2, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2020 by dforbuss_RVSS

I work for a Forestry company, and offline collection of points and line features is important.  We are conducting a trial using Collector and another third party software product.  I've been doing GIS for 32 years, and while I still have tons to learn, I have great supporting staff, and am not afraid to reach out for help.

Here's my quandary:  For the past 4-5 weeks, I've been working with Esri Tech Support - a great courteous person I might add - but they have not been able to fix all the problems.  I could go over all the issues (there have been several), but once we fix one, another pops up.  We are now getting an error when Syncing, and the tech person is not sure why.  This is essentially a show stopper.

My question is simply:  Are other folks having a long drawn out process getting Collector to work?  Do you feel like the effort may not be worth the time?  Is this software ready for prime time?  Honestly, I'd like to use Collector, but am close to uninstalling the software.

Thanks for listening.  I am REALLY looking forward to reading about other people's experiences.

Outcomes