AGOL Web Map Bookmarks updated/edited does not integrate with Web Mapping Application

07-01-2020 03:11 PM
jjeremy525
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am user ArcGIS Online and I've updated/edited/removed bookmarks in my web map but when I try to see the updated bookmarks in the web mapping application (template basic viewer) the bookmarks are all messed up and zoom to areas that should use for another bookmark's location. I don't know why when I make changes in my web map's bookmarks it is not carrying over to the web mapping application. Anyone help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy Jung

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeremy, can you link to your app here? If it's not public, would you share it to a group and add PeterK_Ess? 

Thanks,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
jjeremy525
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

Here is the link https://arcg.is/15S4WL, thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Thank you,

Jeremy Jung

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeremy, all the bookmarks are present in the web map's JSON and in the right order. Basic Viewer pulls from the web map's bookmarks. I did notice that some bookmarks went to odd extents. Can you try disabling and re-enabling the bookmarks widget in the Basic Viewer configuration as a troubleshooting step? How does it look if you create a new, test Basic Viewer app?

Beyond this, I would recommend getting in touch with Esri Support and they can assist with troubleshooting this further. Let me know and I can assist with this. 

Hope this helps,

-Peter 

jjeremy525
New Contributor III

I've disabled and enabled bookmarks and created a new basic viewer web application and I'm getting the same results thank you for your help and I will get with ESRI Support.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like a good plan Jeremy, let me know if I can get a case going for you. 

0 Kudos
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Jeremy Jung‌,

You can try using the ArcGIS Online Assistant to see the json for your web app: ArcGIS Online Assistant 

Sign in with your ArcGIS Online Account.

Select I want to -> View an Items JSON file

Then select your web app in the tree view on the left

In the right hand pane you will see the web apps json files

Scroll past the description (Item Details) to the Data section and look for the bookmark widget or just do a ctrl+f and search for widgets/Bookmark/Widget

Once you have found the json you can then edit it directly or check to see if it is matching with how you are setting it in your web app.

An alternative is to create a new web app and setup the bookmarks first and see if that fixes the problem.

Happy to discuss further!

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.