Token required for basic basemaps?

Jump to solution
07-02-2020 03:31 AM
LuisBatalha
New Contributor

Im building a basic website that loads some KML on top of maps, with no other features.

Im loading ESRI basic basemaps with ESRI Leaflet plugin (L.esri.Vector.basemap('StreetsNight')), and nothing else is used from ESRI.

Do I need a developer account attached to this, or is this covered by "normal" used as if the clients were browsing ArcGIS free viewer?

Ive tried adding a temporary token to basemap call, but that doesnt seem to show up in my test app usage or in the dashboard, and all the documentation ive seen only mentions billing for more advanced features like routing, geocoding etc..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Luis Batalha,

If I understand the Esri Leaflet - Terms well, you can use the library (and the underlying Esri data) for free for most public, non-commercial applications. As long as the number of map transactions does not surpass 1 million per month.

So, as long as you are not generating any revenue and your app is not going viral, you're good to go, I guess.

BR,

Egge-Jan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Luis Batalha,

If I understand the Esri Leaflet - Terms well, you can use the library (and the underlying Esri data) for free for most public, non-commercial applications. As long as the number of map transactions does not surpass 1 million per month.

So, as long as you are not generating any revenue and your app is not going viral, you're good to go, I guess.

BR,

Egge-Jan

LuisBatalha
New Contributor

Thanks Egge-Jan,

That was my interpretation as well.

1M requests is more than enough indeed, even google maps 26k would suffice almost always.

Best Regards,

Luis Batalha

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Luis,

If you think your question has been answered, you might mark it as such. Many questions on this forum remain open, even though in some cases a correct answer has been given...

BR,

Egge-Jan