Math Widgets - Statistics (AGOL)

07-01-2020 08:46 AM
micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

Hello everybody, I'm using arcgis online widgets (in cloud) and I'm setting up some web apps with Esri's web app builder.

I can't find the widget that meets this need:

select a set of points or territories by query (or on a map) and view the statistics (sum, average, min, max, etc.) on all the attributes of the selected objects.

I would like to see in a pop up/report all the attributes with the associated statistics, for instance:

• selected objects,
  • population (min, average, max, etc),
  • companies (min, average, max, etc),
  • etc.

I don't think it's a special request, hasn't Esri developed a statistics widget?

Any suggestion will be warmly appreciated.

Michele

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey michele burgalossi‌,

How about using the summarize widget?

Summary widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation 

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

Hi Ben, thanks for the message!

I know this widget, unfortunately it does not allow to calculate statistics on the selected objects (from table or map).

This widget calculates many statistics only on visible objects in the current map extension.

0 Kudos
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey michele burgalossi‌,

If you are trying to get the statistics calculated in the the popups you could use Arcade. Here is a super helpful page on what arcade is and how you can use it: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=3271f9b87c394c07b4a871257a5dc46b 

To solve your problem you will need to use featuresets so that you can access all the other features and run your calculations. Here is a helpful page on how to use featuresets: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/mapping/mapping/whats-new-with-arcade-taking-a-stroll-thro... 

If you have any questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Ben

JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

I've got the same question and the closest I've found is the Select Widget allows you to click on Statistics and it does summarize the data. One annoying feature of the select widget is that it includes all of the numeric variables and there does not seem to be a way to remove the ones you do not want - I've removed them from popups and from the table but they still show in the widget. I also tried to rename them so as to sort them lower in the list but this also did not work. 

0 Kudos