Arabic Text display issue in esri dashboard

Jump to solution
06-28-2020 05:30 AM
ahmed_hussiney
New Contributor III

ESRI dashboard , Portal 10.7 , has issue in Arabic Test display as separated characters, For example if you configure dashboard indicator element with Arabic text value it will look as following, This issue show only on IE and Edge.

The issue is related to font "Avenir Next", Any advise how to fix this issue ?

Example :

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahmed_hussiney
New Contributor III

Hi Drek,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late response.

Yes I am using latest version of IE and Edge, The issue exist due to the used font "Avenue" and is not exist on AGO version of the dashboard , but exist on the portal for ArcGIS 10.7

I was able to fix the issue by using different font and update this in the dashboard "app-dark-xx.css" and "app-light-xx.css" CSS files 

I think the best solution could be, download the latest avenue font (used on AGO) and replace the on premise portal font with the AGO version.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Ahmed,

I think that the question you are asking is about ArcGIS Dashboards.  This community channel is in support of ArcGIS Insights.  If your question is about ArcGIS Dashboards, could you post to the below place instead?

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-dashboards 

0 Kudos
ahmed_hussiney
New Contributor III

Thanks,

Moved to the right channel, didn't not it was posted in Insights channel.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ahmed,

> ESRI dashboard , Portal 10.7 , has issue in Arabic Test display as separated characters, For example if you configure dashboard indicator element with Arabic text value it will look as following, This issue show only on IE and Edge.

Are you using the latest release(s) of IE and Edge? FYI, be advised that both web browsers are not recommended for use. Support for these browsers will be discontinued in the future. See this help topic,

ArcGIS Dashboards requirements—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

Please contact esri Tech Support and open an issue so they can help investigate your issue further.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ahmed_hussiney
New Contributor III

Hi Drek,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late response.

Yes I am using latest version of IE and Edge, The issue exist due to the used font "Avenue" and is not exist on AGO version of the dashboard , but exist on the portal for ArcGIS 10.7

I was able to fix the issue by using different font and update this in the dashboard "app-dark-xx.css" and "app-light-xx.css" CSS files 

I think the best solution could be, download the latest avenue font (used on AGO) and replace the on premise portal font with the AGO version.