ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The connected D drive in the catalog shows incorrect content,

06-26-2020 10:12 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The connected D drive in the catalog shows incorrect content,

It is happening very often that the connected D drive in the catalog fails to show the correct connect. I order to resolve it, I remove it and connect it again

Is this a filed bug?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
14 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you can refresh folders, not a drive, it needs to be reindexed or the connection be re-established

... sort of retired...
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

In this case, the connection is made to the drive D but not to a particular folder. Then it doesn’t make sense to refresh a folder

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sounds like your indexing on the 😧 drive is becoming stale daily.  I'd recommend you go to the ArcGIS Pro->Options->Indexing and check the radio button "Update even if you are signed out of the computer."  AGP will prompt you for your Scheduling Index Credentials.  Then when you log out of AGP daily, the scheduled index (by default) will run every hour starting at midnight.  When you log in to AGP in the morning, your D drive should be current.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Robert.

It is set now as you have already recommended and I’ll keep you posted in case I get this issue again.

But why this has never been there in ArcMap?

Jamal Numan
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Robert LeClair‌, this option won't work for many enterprise users whose companies do not allow scheduled tasks when users are not logged into their computers.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

But why this has never been an issue in ArcMap?

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not sure why it's never been an issue before but AGP and ArcMap are totally different applications from two different eras in software development.  This would be better answered by an AGP Developer than I.

Gerald_Daumiller
New Contributor III

ArcMap works like people expect software to work.  ArcGIS Pro has always seemed to have the goal of making ArcMap users feel stupid. Anything that can be different, is different.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Despite the fact that the “update even if you are signed out of the computer” option is checked, the issue persists to exist

What other esttings I need to consider?

Jamal Numan