How do I "Map/Export" (the button found under the share tab) a map to get the output file footprint (a .pdf for Avenza) to match the footprint of one of the map's source layers -- a raster layer?

06-26-2020 05:28 PM
howardfoster
New Contributor

This is a very simple map with one raster layer with a small amount of vector data (with a larger area footprint).  In ArcGIS one would simply adjust the map window viewport, via Windows controls, with some fudging to get the desired approximate shape of the output file.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
howardfoster
New Contributor

I will reply to my own question.  Mostly, export map didn't really work at all in Pro 2.3, but it works exactly as advertised in 2.5 with the writing of world files, all that good stuff.  Also, has a nice "Show preview" button to make sure you are getting what you want.   I'm looking into automating this process and setting the map footprint via controlling the Map object's "extent" parameter but that might not be the way to go.

In times past, it seemed that ESRI support people monitored these questions and gave simple helpful advice.  Now these questions go unanswered.

0 Kudos