Webgisdr Utility throwing "Invalid data store backup staging location" Error

06-25-2020 12:46 PM
Heath_Birchfield
New Contributor

I am currently using this workflow (https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/administration/migrate-to-a-new-machine-... ) to migrate our 10.8 Enterprise system to a new data center. 

I have the new environment set up and installed, however when I try to run the backup import I receive the following error: snip

"Invalid data store backup staging location." Not sure where to go from here. I've contacted tech support but they're not seeming to find the issue either. 

I'm using the same "backup_location" provided in the webgisdr.properties file during initial export of the production environment backup. 

I've verified that both the windows login I'm using, and the account running the process has full control access to this location, and I've independently verified that each machine in my new deployment has access to the location as well. 

4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

That error means the account running the Data Store service can't reach that location. What account is used to run the Data Store service, a local or domain account? When you checked that each machine can reach the location, what account did you use, your own or the one that is running the Data Store service?

0 Kudos
ruy_ts
by
New Contributor

We are also running the same issue. Both the web and app servers are connected to a domain but we are using a local account. All service accounts have the same username and password. Each machine is also reachable via ping and the federated servers validates successfully. We were also able to access the shared folders from both machines. I am also able to confirm that all the necessary folders have read/write permissions for the service account.

0 Kudos
JohnHarney
New Contributor III

Have you found a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue trying to migrate 10.8.1 to a new machine, so I can upgrade to 10.91. then to 11.1. The account I am using is a local admin account with the same username and password as the one on the old machine.

0 Kudos
Adam_Inglis
New Contributor II

We are running into the same issue.  Did you ever find a resolution?

0 Kudos