Error 999999 block adjustment

06-24-2020 05:14 PM
ObianujuOnwuasoanya
New Contributor

Hello, I encountered a problem while trying to use the adjust tool in ArcGIS Pro. I intended generating an orthomosaic from the drone images I had, however, after creating the workspace successfully, it would show an error 999999 during the block adjustment and indicate that something unexpected caused the tool to fail. I've tried a few solutions from the ArcGIS Pro help but it still displays the same thing. Pls help, what could be the missing handling tool and how do I go about it? Thank you

esrisupport arcgis‌, Esri Technical Support

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Obianuju Onwuasoanya‌,

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you running?

Is there any other application referencing the data at the time you are trying to use the adjust tool? Or a second ArcGIS Pro session open? Sometimes the data can be locked causing tool to fail as Pro cannot read/write.

0 Kudos
ObianujuOnwuasoanya
New Contributor

The version I'm using is 2.5. I don't think there is any other application referencing the data at that time. And no, there's no other session open in my laptop. I've tried re-installing the app and running the tool again, but its still the same thing. I really don't know what to do

0 Kudos
ObianujuOnwuasoanya
New Contributor

0 Kudos
ObianujuOnwuasoanya
New Contributor

I'm using a version 2.5. there's no other application referencing the data. And there's no other session opened. This is what it brings out 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Obianuju Onwuasoanya‌ i found a simmilar article on GeoNet. With a response below from Cody Benkelman

Hi, I've had an engineer look at your notes, and I think the exposure is the problem.

Our camera database does not contain this camera, so it will not automatically recognize the MapIR, but it looks like you *do* have the workspace set up correctly.  Unfortunately, the image you sent is extremely dark - the brightest pixel in the image seems to be DN value of 13.  Are all of the images this dark?  Do you have another sample dataset with a more normal exposure?  

If the software can't find any tie points between images, it will remove them as "unsolvable".

Cody B

https://community.esri.com/thread/221616-error-999999-failed-to-execute-computecameramodel-help-plea... 

I have tagged Cody so he might be able to point you in the right direction on this one.

ObianujuOnwuasoanya
New Contributor

Good morning Cameron McArtney, thank you for your help so far, however the issue still persists. I'll share one of the drone images here just so you can assess it.I left all Parameters unchanged. i.e the drone Type, Generic Sensor Type, the Geolocation was loaded from the EXIF file. I only changed the Basemap to Imagery. Camera is FC330, which was auto-generated just as I added the images. Those were the necessary things during the creation of the workspace. After that, I decided to click the adjust tool and that was where the error message in my earlier mails started. I'm still confused as to what to do now? plus in the Adjust options dialog box, I didn't change anything.

0 Kudos
Hannah
by
New Contributor II

I am receiving the same error message using ArcGIS Pro. Was this resolved?

0 Kudos