Mystery Auto-Generated Vegetation While Using Deep Learning in ArcGIS Pro

06-24-2020 01:14 PM
Labels (3)
RileyBreen
New Contributor

Hello and good day to all

I was going through Deep Learning to locate the Palms in Tonga course, and when I turned off aerial imagery layer I noticed that arcgis populated the basemap with "trees"... many of them are where there are palms in the image, but not all, and I managed to detect most of them with my model, and they definitely weren't created by the deep learning model, but what the heck are they? 

I can't select or query them, they seem to just be an auto-populated canopy against the basemap...

By the way, the are only sitting where the imagery layer was sitting(pic 3 shows this). Not above or below. They disappear somewhere around 1:4000. They are more accurate in some cases than my model, could be useful to use them!

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottSweet2
New Contributor III

I'm curious to know how you tweaked the settings to even get a somewhat decent result.  I've tried a bunch of different variations and the model is almost useless. I was meticulous with the training samples but the performance is bad.  See attached results using the default settings in the tutorial.Detect palm trees with a deep learning model - default settings