AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I reset conda to installation state?

Question asked by ethoms on Jun 24, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2020 by ethoms

With a new install of Pro 2.5, I have, between trying to manage environments at the command line and through the Package Manager, kludged up my conda. When I open the Package Manager now, the Project Environment window is blank and when I try to activate arcgispro-py3 (the only environment I have remaining at this point), the progress bar at the bottom of the dialog just scrolls and scrolls and the message remains 'Restart ArcGIS Pro for your environment changes to take place'. Of course, closing everything, apparently mid-process, and restarting does nothing.

Another thing that happens is that after a computer restart %localappdata%\ESRI\conda\envs\proenv.txt has the path to an environment I have removed and when I open the Python Command Prompt, conda is not available as a program. When I manually change that to arcgispro-py3, I can open the prompt and it's all good but that manual edit to proenv.txt does not stick. Something else writes it after a reboot. What process writes that file and where does it remember the environment?

Barring that, because these are all changes that I made as a non-admin user, is there something I can do to just wipe the slate and get me back to the original state of the conda installation?

Outcomes