Is it possible to publish a web scene layer to my local portal or is it only possible in AGOL portal?

Jump to solution
06-23-2020 05:56 AM
PDSGIS_Department
New Contributor II

When I try to publish a building web scene to my local portal (using ArcPro 2.5) I get the following error:

"Your portal does not support publishing web scene layers."  Also, see screenshot below.

I have already published my building web scene layers to my AGOL portal, however, since the layers are quite large, they use a lot of credits for storage. So I would prefer to publish them to our local portal and serve them out from there, if possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Which version of portal are you running? If you have an older portal it may not support all scene layer types. This doc specifies which scene layer type is supported with which portal version.

Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Which version of portal are you running? If you have an older portal it may not support all scene layer types. This doc specifies which scene layer type is supported with which portal version.

Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

thanks,

Andrew

PDSGIS_Department
New Contributor II

Andrew-

We are using Enterprise Portal 10.6.1. Looking at the chart, it looks like Building Scene layers are the only thing we can NOT publish. We will have to look into upgrading to 10.7 or later.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe

0 Kudos
abhishek_shah
New Contributor III

Hi 

I am also facing the similar issue. I have logged into administrator account and few hours back i published the scene from enterprise and suddenly it started showing error "Your portal does not support publishing web scene layers."  Also, see screenshot below.

abhishek_shah_0-1612189830074.png

Could you please help ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos