Sentinel-2 Imagery Time in ArcGIS Pro

06-17-2020 09:33 AM
Labels (1)
Michelle_Baragona
New Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out effectively use the Sentinel-2 Imagery view layers from the AGOL Living Atlas in ArcGIS Pro.

How do you view different dates of imagery? I've tried turning off the default filter and then filtering by the acquisition date being after a certain date, but it seems that the most recent images are from 2018, which doesn't seem right. Especially because when I use the Explore tool on the default view, it tells me that the imagery is from June 14, 2020. 

I've also tried enabling the Time setting of the layer to get the time slider, but again, it ends in 2018. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michelle

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertWaterman
Esri Contributor

Hi Michelle,

I am not sure why the default value shown in the scenario you described is from 2018, but if you click the "More" option just below that date, you will get a more complete list.  Alternatively, you should just be able to specify a date of your choosing.  Please note however, this service only includes the last 14 months of Sentinel-2 imagery.  See the item details for more information.

Hope this helps!

-Rob

0 Kudos
RobertWaterman
Esri Contributor

Also, regarding the question on the time slider, click the "Calculate" button to scan the data and get the full time extent.

0 Kudos
WillAnderson
New Contributor III

Any reason the sentinel-2 services curated by Esri in Living Atlas exclude the most recent 1-2 days of imagery, even though that imagery is available in Sinergise products like EO Browser the evening after capture? Trying to get around having to download previous day's imagery in order to push timely outputs (would be better to avoid download and use a service instead).