Portal Identity store - switching from the built in ID store to active directory

06-16-2020 11:06 AM
BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

I want to switch from the built-in identity store to a windows web tier active directory that our organization uses. I have already set up accounts in the Portal using the built-in ID store. I am wondering what will happen to the existing accounts when I switch to the active directory? I am guessing once I have added them via the active directory they will have two accounts in the portal and I, as the admin, will have to move their existing work to the new account? Does this sound accurate or am I over thinking this. Does anyone that has done this already have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichelleBrake
New Contributor III

Admin Tools for Portal has tools to help with that exact case (and many other admin tasks)! You can find out more information in this article on how Admin Tools for Portal helps Migrate Users in ArcGIS Online or Portal to Active Directory Users. Admin Tools also has a tool to update items owner and this can be done in bulk for all items one user owns and moved to anther user. 

Outside of Admin Tools though you would have to do these item owner updates manually or through a custom developed script. 

Thanks,

Michelle

geojobe.com

BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

Cool mangos! I will check this out, thanks!

0 Kudos