Musculoskeletal projection/coordinate system for GIS? Interested in using ArcGIS for orthopedics.

Jump to solution
06-11-2020 04:12 AM
artzaifman
New Contributor III

Wondering if anyone has come across anything like this and if yes, the location of publically available images/shapefile.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey art zaifman!

I haven't personally come across someone using GIS to map out the musculoskeletal system, but that does sound very interesting!  I'm curious how people would use it for that.  I have, however, heard of dentists using GIS to map cavities.  Here's a link to that story - How GIS Can Help Dentists Find Cavities ~ GIS Lounge 

After a quick search I also found these two links which are just some interesting reading material on this subject

GIS and Human Anatomy ~ GIS Lounge 

Mapping the Human Body: A GIS Perspective | SpringerLink  (this link only includes the abstract but I still found it interesting!)  

Let us know what you find, art!  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey art zaifman!

I haven't personally come across someone using GIS to map out the musculoskeletal system, but that does sound very interesting!  I'm curious how people would use it for that.  I have, however, heard of dentists using GIS to map cavities.  Here's a link to that story - How GIS Can Help Dentists Find Cavities ~ GIS Lounge 

After a quick search I also found these two links which are just some interesting reading material on this subject

GIS and Human Anatomy ~ GIS Lounge 

Mapping the Human Body: A GIS Perspective | SpringerLink  (this link only includes the abstract but I still found it interesting!)  

Let us know what you find, art!  

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hello Art,

Take a look in here too:

Human Brain WebGIS 

-Bill

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor