AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to configure ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 to start with CentoOS 8

Question asked by Ripsin on Jun 8, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2020 by cpawlyszyn-esristaff

First, I understand the CentOS 8 linux distro is 'not supported' to run with 10.6.1 yet some of us push the envelope... and I'm hoping this isn't related to CentOS 8...

I cannot get ArcGIS Server to start with the OS and I've followed these steps:

To configure ArcGIS Server to start with the operating system follow these steps:

Within a command shell, switch to root user.

Copy <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/framework/etc/scripts/arcgisserver.service unit file to /etc/systemd/system using the command:

$ cp <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/framework/etc/scripts/arcgisserver.service /etc/systemd/system

Run the following command as root user to automatically create the links in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants:

$ systemctl enable arcgisserver.service

To verify that the systemd service is properly configured, restart the service and check its status.

$ systemctl stop arcgisserver.service
      $ systemctl start arcgisserver.service
      $ systemctl status arcgisserver.service

It fails during the $ systemctl start arcgisserver.service command. See below:

Error:

[root@agsvr ~]# systemctl start arcgisserver.service
Job for arcgisserver.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status arcgisserver.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
[root@agsvr ~]# systemctl status arcgisserver.service
ā— arcgisserver.service - ArcGIS Server Service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/arcgisserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-06-08 18:02:28 EDT; 4min 18s ago
Process: 5903 ExecStart=/home/arcgis/server/startserver.sh (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Jun 08 18:02:28 agsvr systemd[1]: Starting ArcGIS Server Service...
Jun 08 18:02:28 agsvr systemd[1]: arcgisserver.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=203
Jun 08 18:02:28 agsvr systemd[1]: arcgisserver.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jun 08 18:02:28 agsvr systemd[1]: Failed to start ArcGIS Server Service.

Outcomes